viernes, 21 de junio de 2013

Karen Hoyos Aguirre

Well I survived the 2 months of my Teaching Practice and I have got to say that it was amazing. This teaching practice was a period of great growth for me both personally and as a teacher. During the first time I observed my guide teacher, her teaching techniques, her classroom management strategy and the discipline that she insisted on in her classroom; It was really helpful for me because I could design my own material, my own teaching learning style and how to keep the control and discipline in the classroom.

Well I was assigned in Grade 6-1 and 6-2 under the direction of the teacher Glennys Jiménez. So, the teacher was very supportive in helping me get used to the way the school works and the things that I should be achieving as a student teacher. I enjoyed my time at the school and I feel that I learnt so much from the teacher’s support s and the students’ personality. Everyone at the school was very friendly and helpful in making my time there both productive and enjoyable.

Some days I felt frustrated, and excited, it’s incredible how your students can affect our motivation as teacher, sometimes keep the discipline in the classroom has become a challenge, I tried different strategies to keep the discipline in the class, sometimes it worked, sometimes it failed but at the end I could gain the respect and love of my students.

 In the end, this experience changed me as a teacher. Students are people who have feelings and who don't want to feel restricted. They want to learn but they also want to feel as if they have some control over themselves.  Every student is different; no two students react in the same way. It is our tasks as teachers to find not only what motivates each student to learn but also what motivates them to misbehave. If we can meet them at that point and take away that motivation, we can go a long way towards a more effective classroom and learning experience.

 I have left my teaching practice with experience, knowledge, inspiration and determination to do better.



Grade 6-1

Grade 6-2



                                   SOME OF MY  TOPICS AND TEACHING ACTIVITIES









Hobbies from Karen Hoyos




                                            THESE VIDEOS WERE USED IN CLASS




No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario